You like Nintendo? We love Nintendo!

Hey everyone, 4EVER here, writing a message about the awesomeness of nintendo. From the Wii, to the 3DS, we at the 4EVER Nintendo blog just can't get enough!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

4EVER's favourite Zelda games 5

As a generalisation, I like the 3D Zelda's better than the 2D ones, so Majora's Mask comes in at number five. This game is pretty dang cool, but at the same time, very dark. Darkness is something I prefer, it makes for more tense atmosphere and Majora's Mask nails the feeling of terror, made all the more creepier by the gigantic moon up above your head, threatening to kill all. But, as cool and spooky as this game is, I was more terrified of the Clock. When I play a game, I don't mind time limits on missions or section, but for the whole game, I just found it hard to play. I was freaking out about the clock so much. I just wanted to explore the world and do things at my own pace, but I always felt pressured to do stuff so that I didn't have time (or didn't feel like I had time) to do all the things I wanted in the game. Which is why Majora's Mask comes in at number five.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't have trouble exploring because of the clock, I would start up the game and just run around looking at things for 3 hours, and if I found nothing, it didn't matter, Song of Time and start fresh. I found the time mechanic made me fell less pressured most of the time, since it didn't matter if I messed up or wasted time, I could always reset it. The clock was only a pressure in the dungeons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, but I like to explore every available option when playing a game. I didn't feel free to do that even with the reverse song of time and the ability to restart the three days.

    ReplyDelete